Monday, May 4, 2009

The Sept Name

My continued efforts to find a good, anecdotal name for my Tau Sept have ground to a halt - for whatever reason, I can't seem to think of anything that really just clicks.

True to the Blog-'o-cube, I'm on hunt for suggestions. If anyone who reads this cares to, throw out a comment with a possible Tau Sept Name that is highly reminiscient of that oh-so-infamous comic book villain, the Green Goblin. Don't know what goes into a Tau Sept name? well, here are some examples:

- T'au - the sept name for the Tau Homeworld. Cattle paradise.
- Tau'n - the first off-world Tau colony. Hold on to your cud, campers...
- D'yanoi - means 'twin moons' ("World of Two Moons"? Copyright infringement...)
- Bork'an - center of learning and academia. I compare it to Sweden (also, add a 'j'...)
- Dal'yth - trade world. (... I got nothing...)
- Vior'la - famous for it's noriously aggressive fire caste. Essentially, a world of Jocks.
- Au'taal - ever heard of Risa? This is it, but regarded as more 'lazy' than 'relaxed'.
etc.

There are some examples straight out of the Tau book. I keep trying to think of something clever that incorporates the basic feel of a Tau Sept world, yet clearly illustrates a connection to the Green Goblin, Hobgoblin, or the Osborns (Norman and Harry, not Sharon and Ozzy).

I'll throw together all the suggestions (As well as my own ideas) into a poll after a week or so, and we'll see how it looks.

1 comment: