Thursday, April 30, 2009

1000pt Tau Army List

From the basics, here's the 1000pt Tau Army List that I'll be using as the 'core' of my army - essentially, what I'll probably end up fielding in almost every game. Not too sure how this'll preform, but hey, maybe I'll get to give it a try soon.

Tau 1000pts
HQ:
-Shas'El Commander w/ Plasma Rifle, Missile Pod, Multi-tracker, Hard-Wired (HW) Drone Controller and 2 shield Drones
--> 2 Shas'vre Bodyguards, w/ Plasma Rifles, Missile Pods, Targeting Arrays, and HW Multi-trackers.

Troops:
- 7 Fire Warriors
--> Devilfish transport w/ Smart Missile System, Targeting Array, Multi-tracker, Disruption Pod
- 7 Fire Warriors
--> Devilfish transport w/ Smart Missile System, Targeting Array, Multi-tracker, Disruption Pod
-12 Kroot

Heavy Support:
- Hammerhead Gunship w/ Railgun, Smart Missile System, Multi-tracker, Disruption Pod
- Broadside Battlesuit, advanced stabilization System


A little heavy on the Groundpounders, and this list will have a slightly bigger problem with a vehicle heavy enemy army than other Tau lists (which is to say, still not that much), but I like it. I nixed a broadside to add a 12 kroot bodyguard, since enemies with brains (and tanks to protect) will be targeting the broadside and Hammerhead with whatever outflankers' they've got - most likely infantry, a weakness for most of my railgun-equiped stuff. If nothing else, they'll make a good infiltrating harrasement/throwaway unit to give me another turn of shooting.

Ordinarily, I'd go at least 8 fire warriors per squad, but I tried the 6 man squads in a battle the other day and they did a LOT better than expected, since the enemy underestimates them based on size, and I didn't think they'd do much myself - until they started rapid-firing 'Cheese Machine' (space marines) squads to death, claiming out-of-the-way objectives for cheap, and being overlooked in favor of more potshots at my tanks. Therefore, I compromised at 7 - big enough to do damage, not quite big enough to be a serious priority.

If/when I play this list, I'll throw out a battle report. If I don't end up playing tonight, I plan on throwing a Devilfish onto the 'What's Painted' list - I think it'll be easier to paint than the fire warriors, honestly enough.

1 comment:

  1. I cannot comment on this list, but welcome to the blogosphere! Join FTW- it's fun and you get lots of readers who might actually know what they are talking about.

    And link to my damn blog already. Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete